The price of solder

I've seen some perverse pricing before but in Maplins, 250g of lead free solder is =A35.29 but 500g is =A314.99. I'll have three 250g reals the.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

Strange. It's 5.29 and 9.99 on their website. Was this a shop? Perhaps they'd read the bar code wrongly or just stuck on the wrong label.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did ask the shop to check the price and they said it was correct but it looks as though it had been marked with wrong bar code. I have to say that £15 seemed bloody expensive for solder.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

You should have looked it up in the store catalogue and showed them the error of their ways...

Yup. Mind, 500 grams will last a fair old time for hobby stuff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)