the plight of DIYBanter users

On Friday 12 April 2013 10:40 Dave Liquorice wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I disagree - they are perpetually fiddling with it - usually to worse effect. This implies they are spending time. But I still maintain they are using it as a plonkers dumping ground - or the lead really has no clue.

But we would see them stamped on the bottom of all GG posted messages, which would be a steady stream. Let's stop before someone at Google thinks this might be a good idea (it isn;t)

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Thta's because you don't GAFF

Reply to
geoff

Your browser's history might help here.

Reply to
Tim Streater

On Sunday 14 April 2013 00:11 Arfa Daily wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I think that's right. People post stuff to random websites all the time. Noone configures an NNTP client by accident - it's a conscious choice.

I find it annoying too when you answer a question and the OP has buggered off with the horse he rode in on, never to be seen again.

Reply to
Tim Watts

They post to three websites and take the first answer they get.

Reply to
ARW

Sounds like a manager I know. Whenever he has to make a decision, he asks all the senior staff that are around, then takes the majority answer.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Nothing wrong with that.

Reply to
Huge

It works a lot of the time. Then he hits a situation where there is no- one to ask, and he makes a random decision - usually wrong.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Even a wrong decision is better than no decision at all.

Reply to
Huge

Sound like he needs dennis. He asks dennis for advice and then does the opposite to the advice given.

Reply to
ARW

There is a technique for dealing with decisions - you make a random selection based on the flip of a coin, then analyse how you feel about that before finally making up your mind.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Huge

Together with the deathly silence if further information is requested from the poster.

Which just goes to show the value of USENET, post in one place and get three answers back.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But that's not how Usenet works. We're all posting to many different places and with some luck they sync with each other and we can have a coherent conversation.

Admittedly things are better now than they used to be, but a few years back usenet server syncing was more patchy. Rather like the DIYBanter syncing. The threads on the seperate servers didn't keep up with each other. The DIYBanter experience makes me all nostalgic :P

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison