The new toy report

He loves it! Says it's far quieter than the old one, is quick and efficient and he had no problems with soft stuff. But, he said, it doesn't cut into as small pieces as the other did.

I'm happy, I didn't hear him using it at all and when I looked at the shreddings I was happy too. I'll spread them directly on the ground, the hens will turn them over and over and by next year they'll be incorporated into the soil.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On 23 May 2005, Mary Fisher wrote

-snip-

No shit?

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

That comes with hens and accelerates the process.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I bought poultry pellets once. Never again! They stank.

MM

Reply to
MM

Hi Mary,

Which model did you end up with and where did you buy it from??

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

You haven't been following things have you :-)

Goes to filing cabinet, looks in Garden folder for invoice/receipt:

Bosch AXT 2000HP Silent Garden Shredder, price inc VAT £174.97 with free Super Saver delivery.

Ordered from Amazon on Thursday, received today.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On 23 May 2005, MM wrote that Mary Fisher wrote that Harvey Van Sickle wrote that Mary Fisher wrote

My wife bought some a few years ago with the trade name "Rooster". Kinda falls into the category of "what it says on the tin".

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

I had some last year - a bit coals to Newcastle but the sack was given to me. It is almost odourless. No idea how it works though. Henure, I think it was called. Not at all offensive to handle either.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On 23 May 2005, Mary Fisher wrote

The stuff we had wasn't particularly smelly -- I liked the clarity of the name, though...

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

Could have been worse.

I'm off to bed, 'night all...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

^^^^^^^

One presumes this name isn't refering to the power output of the motor :-)

Reply to
Mike

Is this a snanifio we are talking about here, Mary?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I did wonder that! Even a little donkey could prove the equivalent of this machine - but it's not a commercial one and is moe than adequate for a garden.

I checked it very carefully when I typed it, I guess the 2000 is the revs. No idea what HP is, not Hewlett Packard, not Hire Purchase ... Harry Potter?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

2000 watts High Performance
Reply to
Rupert

Ah! Obvious, really, thanks :-)

Mray

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I too have heard good reports of the Rampant Rabbit. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Ah, now I know what you're on about! I have one of those, except I get by with the 1600 version. Boy, is it quiet compared to my old Alko - which was also dangerous as it sometimes spat branches back out again. Since the move I no longer have a need for my Bosch silent, but one never knows what the next place may have! And anyway the stand comes off so it's not taking up a lot of space in the shed.

MM

Reply to
MM

Toaster? Potato peeler? Electric plane? Erm... ;-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

How did you know about the electric plane?

He loves that too but only flew it once, wind's been too strong since.

Ancient toaster serves adequately, don't peel potatoes. And anyway, I do that, being a good little wifey ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

incorporated

Please forgive my inattention Mary. I did trawl back through the thread but wanted to make sure.

Thanks Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin