The name of C shaped washer please!

I do not know the name to search for a supplier of the washer.

The washer fits in a slot to retain a hexagonal bar in a hexagonal hole.

I tried to search for a C-shaped locking washer unsuccessfully.

Any polite suggestions would be most welcome.

Reply to
PJ

Circlip, E Clip or U Clip?

That takes all the fun out of it :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Circlip

Reply to
Graham.

Umm, are you thinking of (spring) circlips?

Reply to
The Wanderer

If you're going to be doing more than one or two, a cheap pair of circlip pliers might be a good investment.

e.g.

Mike Barnes

They're actually called 'C washers', thus:

come in different thicknesses and materials. Spring type were used in pairs to retain hydraulic brake cylinders.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Many thanks for all the replies, especially Dave for showing such restraint. PJ

Reply to
PJ

Or a C washer they aren't the same thing...

A circlip can be internal or external and has a couple of holes to take the prongs of a pair of circlip pliers.

Agreed, much much easier to take the things off or put them on with a pair.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice