The London buses

And on the London news today:-

Khan has stated there will be no more orders for the Boris bus after the current one is fulfilled.

Wonder how long this monument to Boris's vanity will still be on the roads? (Usually at the side, broken down)

When will such people realise that they should take advice from experts before going down a new route?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'Christian' has a capital 'C'. The attitude of tolerance is a characteristic of modern western thought, because of our Christian heritage.

2)

No, we need to stop this absurd pretence that barbaric medieval dogma is valid.

Don't make assumptions about what I believe in. Just to enlighten you I don't believe in any deity. My basic philosophy is, "We're all up shit creek, but until we go over the rapids let's all try to help each other as much as possible."

3) Suck it up, get a life and don't be so precious!

Three platitudes don't make an argument.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Virtually everybody but you knew about it.

Reply to
harry

I didn't know about it.

Reply to
polygonum

I doubt it. Religion an politics are exempt from ASA

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Our Christian heritage is just as intolerant as any other.

Tolerance is due to those who rebelled against orthodoxy, from Knox to Darwin.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, it isn't.

Which is why millions are fleeing to Europe, and leaving their own (non Christian) countries.

Tolerance is not *due* to anybody. It's just that it suits the smooth running of advanced civilised societies.

Take it away from them and they will decline and probably collapse.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which are being bombed by Christians...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

I've got one on my car too (the Darwin one.)

It gets vandalised or defaced now and then. Lovely law-abiding people, these Christians.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

And everybody else.

Reply to
Capitol

we didn't start it.

And We are not actually 'Christians' are we any more.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Most politicians that favour the bombing of Muslim states do happen to be Christian. Obama is perhaps the exception.

Reply to
Fredxxx

True. So can you really blame them for wanting out?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Christ preached that we should turn the other cheek, live and let live, help the weak. Quite different to certain other prophets.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Really? And which 'we' do you mean? I'd accept its possible you personally didn't. But wouldn't be surprised if you did.

I'd say with some certainty you ain't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You don't know your bible at all do you Bill?

Luke 19-27 or Luke22-36

Lots of stuff you're very ignorant about. Most Christian pretend the above passages aren't there. There are others too.

Reply to
harry

Ok, so I may have missed the point - what do you believe is so 'outrageous' about this slogan?

Reply to
Agnostic21

Religions promote a way of life. If successful it expands to meet limits imposed by land, food or other supplies.

Yes, other religions have different values. Some follow an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But that makes for an aggressive, toothless and blind society.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Isn't that about the expansion of Christianity at the expense of other faiths?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Allah is Arabic for God. Like Gott is German for God. And Dios is Spanish for God' And Dieu is French for God

Christian Arabs call God Allah too. Bill doesn't know this. Never been anywhere, never seen anything.

Reply to
harry