The Last Man on the Moon

I seem to recall a number of people on here being interested in meetings/di nners with the Apollo astronauts. If you get chance I can recommend the f ilm 'The Last Man on the Moon' a documentary about Eugene Cernan who was th e commander of Apollo 17, the final Apollo mission, and as you can probably guess the last man to have stepped on the Moon.

Details on the film are here-

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark

I remember going to a lecture by Martin Rees where he pointed out that students today know that the Americans went to the moon ... and they also know that the Egyptians built the pyramids. As far as they are concerned, both are mildly interesting historical facts - but of no real relevance to today.

Why can't I visit Lunar City dammit!

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Because of the Vietnam war and the cost it had on both American pride and the exchequer probably. they had missions planned up to 27, the last two were talking about having habitable modules sent to the moon. However one issue as now was cosmic rays and radiation generally outside of the earths magnetic field, which is why they never stayed too long. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

dinners with the Apollo astronauts. If you get chance I can recommend the film 'The Last Man on the Moon' a documentary about Eugene Cernan who was the commander of Apollo 17, the final Apollo mission, and as you can probab ly guess the last man to have stepped on the Moon.

According to the Times, he was actually the last Man to step off the Moon b ut not the last to step on to it.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

That's probably true as there wasn't enough space to get past in the LEM AFAIK. FOLI.

Reply to
dennis

Details on the film are here-

Thanks for that

It's me that sometimes goes and see them at Carleton Community High School in Pontefract.

Eugene was supposed to be there last Saturday but was to ill to travel.

It's well worth a trip if you can make it to one of them

ARW

According to the Times, he was actually the last Man to step off the Moon but not the last to step on to it.

Harrison Schmitt was that last man to have stepped onto the moon.

Reply to
ARW

Wasn't the last man the the driver of the double decker bus that was found on the moon by the Sunday Sport?

Reply to
alan_m

No, it was Wallace. With Gromit.

Reply to
Bob Eager

For one horrible moment I thought you meant that there was only one left.

When I was a kid I wanted to go to space. Heck, these days I build Kirk's communicator... But what went wrong?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

History. :-(