Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

At first I thought you meant :-

soup

I built an Airfix model of that once.

Keep meaning to go to Cosford...

Bob Eager

I had a Corgi toy version,

Remember being annoyed it did not actually fire off the launcher or do anything other than sit there, at least the various Britains guns actually fired something and could be used to annoy the cat. I had two versions of the heavy howitzer, the inherited one fired a spring launched lead shell, the later model had a light weight plastic one which wasn't as much fun.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

And another (using the truck exhaust and turbo charger you were talking about [seems to require very little skill but lots of BALLS])

soup

Ah. TV. Where every Rolls Royce wartime V12 is a Spitfire engine. ;-)

The thing with F1 is the engines are designed for the formula as it exists at that time. Doesn't mean they are the best or easiest way to get the required power output for any given job.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Jaguar V8.

harry

I though it was a Jag V8?

Reply to
Steve Walker

I don't think the bloodhound lasted very long after being used.

Reply to
dennis

We had a large array of them (212 Squadron) "defending" us at Marham.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Sorry, that should read 242 Squadron. Well, it was 55+ years ago!

Reply to
Bob Martin

Heehee.

Reply to
RayL12

I loved putting Airfix together. Never any good at it. Air rifle practice not long after modelling :-)

And for missiles, I loved my fort, plastic soldiers and, a little metal cannons that fired matchsticks.

Reply to
RayL12

When he was younger I gave my son a radio controlled tank. Whilst at university studying cybernetics he modified it adding a WiFi camera and the ability to remotely fire plastic BB pellets. It gained him a good report.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike