The Genius of Invention

to be fair, it's *Dr* Cassie Newland.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

And she's considerably less irritating than Liz Bonnin, whose apparent indifference to the answers to the questions she asks must drive the interviewees crazy, given how much it irritates me.

Reply to
Huge

Just watched the engines one. The actual inserts aren't bad, some of the explantions between leave a little to be desired, they gloss over what is being shown in the animations rather than explain them.

Ah the tablet with a bit of cardboard, with the programme name, on badly attached to the back of the case. Badly attached because it's the wrong size...

But I wish she'd keep still, does she need the toilet or something? Again not so bad in the inserts.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I turned it off after a few minutes - couldn't take all the manic hand-waving.

Reply to
Bob Martin

If i'd just come across the programme channel hopping I probably would as well, having her jigging about on the edge of frame with hand on hip, most distracting. Another thing that annoyed me was that Michael Mosley wasn't looking at the wide shot camera during direct to viewer intro pieces, he was looking at the closeup one. What happened to scripted shots or cue lights and turning to the camera with the light on.

"HELLO, I'm over here, look at me when you're talking to me".

The actual content wasn't that bad though, perhaps not for the factual information about the technology but for the history and how rapidly those key steps of HP steam, internal combustion and jet were adopted and be came universal.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

showing constructional details for a two-pole rotor:

actually got round to watching the programme last night, and was surprised to see that the animation they used seemed to show a 5-pole rotor, which is an interesting concept.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

That happens with Julian Fellowes' programme and most annoying - I keep on wondering who he's talking to.

Yes, ignore (if you can) the crappy bits and it is interesting enough to watch.

Reply to
PeterC