The DIY Wiki is back

Following some weeks stuck in "maintenance mode" (i.e. you could look but not update), the Wiki is now properly back online running on a new server:

For those new to it, its like a DIY FAQ / Blog / Place to post your own DIY pictures and or articles. It so far has 585 unique articles, made up of over 3,000 pages.

Anyone with an account can write new articles and edit existing ones.

Anyone who wants an account, email me!

It would be nice to have some more contributors ;-)

(the wiki is now using the latest version of the mediawiki software - you may see some small changes and cosmetic differences)

Reply to
John Rumm

it seems it's still stuck in ineditable, 'locked for maintenance.'

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I only updated the DNS a bit before I posted, so you may still be seeing the old server. It depends on how long it takes the changes to propagate to your DNS.

What IP address do you get if you ping wiki.diyfaq.org.uk?

Reply to
John Rumm

134.213.213.201. I'll check it again tomorrow, no worry.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

In the almost five years that I have been watching and occasionally contributing to this NG, that is the first time that I have seen a URL for the Wiki, as opposed to occasional passing references, which all assumed that readers were familiar with it. Well done! Yes, I know that it has always been there waiting to be found, but a real ref. is always useful, and far more likely to lead to viewers.

Reply to
Davey

Didn't there used to be a weekly post about it?

Reply to
Richard Conway

Maybe, but when?

Reply to
Davey

Looking at Google Groups it was around 2006!

Reply to
Richard Conway

Certainly before my starting here in 2011.

Reply to
Davey

Many years ago there was a weekly post of the FAQ itself. That then moved to being a web site in 1999, and so no longer needed posting as such.

The FAQ can be found :

The FAQ and wiki are cross linked - you can find one from the other, and slowly stuff will migrate from the FAQ to the wiki just so that its easier to maintain.

Reply to
John Rumm

It's nearly there - editing open riser stairs produces 'You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.' Even though editing the test page causes no problem

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

ok will look at that tonight...

Reply to
John Rumm

We have had words with modsecurity, and it seems more willing to play now. Try that.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John.

I've noticed it seems to have another issue too... on the test page the graphic file seems to have disappeared.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You mean:

If so, the link is missing the "-2" on the page...

Reply to
John Rumm

ahh :)

NT