The case of the disappearing lamp posts!

lol hopefully they scooped a little more often in those days ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Thar Be Narfuck, Buouy!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Every so often TNP goes through phases of typing when pissed. Or wearing mittens.

:-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Not editing actually.

I wrote 44,000 words in 12 hours at the weekend.

And corrected em.

Still only use two fingers to type..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So do I most of the time, but when I'm on the beer the two don't necessarily land in the corretc order.

Reply to
PeterC

Mind don't anyway. Irrespective of beer. And they often hit the wrong keys as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Liquorice" saying something like:

I love it. Out here, I'm five miles from the nearest small town and the slight horizon glow from its by-pass lighting doesn't affect seeing much. The only other glow is a village on a hillside five miles to the NW. Everywhere else is pitch black and the skies are fantastic on a clear night.

Couple of years ago I bought a cheapy ex-German Border Security gen1 Night Sight. Quite good for amplifying what's there; although it's not a true image intensifier, it really needs an IR illuminator unit with it (which was missing) Amazing what you can see with it, when th only illumination if from starlight.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Dogging?

Reply to
Onetap

We call it Dorking the Wogs.

Dogs cant talk, but they can understand in their own way, many words. But spoonerism is beyond, them it seems.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As, is, punc, tu, ation, in, your, case, it, would, appear.

:-)

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Reply to
Tim Streater

than aiming at random.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Them commas will keep moving around.

Worse than dogs for not staying where you put them...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I know I, know.

And what do we see in today's edition of The Times, on the letters page? Something about a device to turn sheet music pages (so as to avoid interrupting the music flow by having to turn them by hand, fair enough).

And how is this device operated? By a "foot pedal".

I think that merits a grade-A smack.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Alternatively, paint the loo & loo walls with glow in the dark paint, preferably phosphorescent NOT radioluminescent ...

There. Sorted....

What? *She* don't like the colour?

;-)

Reply to
Adrian C

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Streater saying something like:

Over on the various bicycle forums, I'm struck by how many peddlers there are. Life must be tough.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Leck miich am orsch ...

as they say

(makes mental note to make sure that the german grandson doesn't learn to sit down to pinkle once he's potty trained)

Reply to
geoff

Didn't they show one of them on QI last year ?

Reply to
geoff

Give 'em a shewee and make them stand

Reply to