Thats a weird mitre saw table

they have in Netto,anyone kwo what the rollers are for?

George

Try this link instead. :-P

George

Sod it cant be arsed.

Reply to
George

arms are to support long pieces of wood (they'll extend further from the table than pictured), the rollers themselves being to aid positioning and pulling through of the piece to the saw.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I have the proper original DeWalt one (DW 723)

has long tubular steel pullout supports and supports/stops at each end. The mitre saw is bolted to a couple of removable clamps which can be slid along the main extrusion. I have spare sets for a metal chop saw and future other tools requiring a similar cutting arrangement. The whole thing folds up to a small package and hangs easily on the wall when not in use. The extra photos on the site show the method of use.

I use the DW stand for site type work e.g.

- cutting of large numbers of lengths of timber - the DW has a stop for this at each end so that it isn't necessary to measure each piece.

- cutting of metal tubes - similar situation

- support of long lengths of material for drilling, gluing and fastening operations

I use it a lot.

The Netto thing may be useful to a degree.

- The rollers are intended to allow the material to be moved from side to side on the saw while supporting it.

- There are no stops so each piece would need to be measured.

- From the scale of the photo, the overall extended length is quite short. Probably OK for light materials up to about 3m...

- Before considering it, I would check how sturdy it is and how easy it is to fold up. Also check the mounting arrangements.

Reply to
Andy Hall