That's the electric cars sorted

I motorised my mtb last year, with a 750W hub motor, running off 15Ah of Bosch toolpacks. That gives me a range of ~30miles.

Reply to
grimly4

Ive alwys wanted a torpedo boat..

with a 750W hub motor, running off 15Ah

I am surpised it gets you out of Dratmouth..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Funny, I didn't know they used oars in mtb's. What were they, about 50 tons? Wouldn't get far with a 0.75kW motor either.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Ah, the infamous Fourth Crewman.

Reply to
grimly4

I have this notion there's an alteruniverse where all the warp power that ST uses is causing massive disruptions, spinning planets out of orbit into their suns, wiping out civilisations and providing endless power shortages for people who depend on windmills.

Oh gawd, how awful must it be to live in a place like that, where everyone is unutterably smug.

Reply to
grimly4

Tim

Reply to
Tim

That's Mode 1, used at speeds below 50kph, and when the air tank is fairly full. Mode 2, for when you want to go faster or the air is running out, uses an "Energetic Adjuvant" burnt in a preheat chamber.

Have you read the link?

Reply to
John Williamson

That was your link. I was referring to the original link to the Tata car that makes no mention of any adjuvants. So who's telling the truth?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Neither or both?

The Tata vehicle may well be compressed air only, but the range and speed quoted match the figures for the MDI designs that have the fuel burning capability. Tata are the chosen manufacturers for the Indian sub-continent. MDI are the designers.

MDI claim to be about to build a number of their smallest vehicle (The Airpod), which is air only, but has a top speed 45 or 70 kph depending on what licence the driver holds, so is only useful in town, for municipal use in Paris. All the other models they list on their website have the range and speed quoted by Tata, but with a note alongside the spec. warning that specifications may change when production starts. There's a video of the smallest one in motion on their site, for what it's worth.

Reply to
John Williamson

Whatever fuel was used to compress the air into the bottle. ie much like electric cars move all the pollution to a big power station out of sight and out of mind.

Reply to
djc

And presumably create a not insignificant amount of waste heat at the compressor when done domestically.

Reply to
John Rumm