That bathroom fan with humidistat

Thanks to whoever it was here who recommended it he went to Falcon yesterday and bought one, he's drilling a wall as I type to fit one of the controls there are three little boxes as well as the fan!).

Although it hasn't been tested yet I'm sure we'll be pleased with it. He bought the all singing all dancing low wattage, low voltage version. What's more, they gave him a discount without asking!

When he's finished that he'll have a reason to test the fugi :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Too easy. Whatever they offer, always ask for more.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Because you live in Yorkshire.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That's meaningless unless you explain.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yorkshire people (like us) are supposed to be tighter than the Scots and looking for a bargain. And whatever a wholesaler offers as an opening discount is usually in their favour by a large margin.

Adam

PS Next time you need a fan fitted let me know and you (well your spouse) can borrow my core drill if you want.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Still a lower price than the Vent Axia one, which were were perfectly happy to pay. We're not into haggling. At our age what would we spend the 'saving' on? In fact, what would anyone spend the 'saving' on? We haven't put the discount into a cocoa tin on the mantlepiece ...

It was fitted into the existing air brick which has housed a conventional pull cord fan for years so no drill was needed except to make small screw holes to mount the fan housing into a cover plate.

Thank you, but I imagine that he has everything he could need anyway. If he didn't he'd rather buy equipment of his own or borrow from a son - the family is a communal resource.

He's now gone for a shower to test it!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It worked! I don't know why we were surprised but it was quite a shock when it came on especially since there was no observable steam in the room. And, yes, I know that it works on rh and that isn't necessarily observable.

The steam would certainly have been obvious if the fan hadn't done its stuff.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Just think of it as your duty to spend the money in order to stop the wheels falling off the economy.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The supermarkets must love you!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

If the economy depended on us there wouldn't be one.We hardly buy anything which has been pre-manufactured.

You lot are having to make up for us :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They don't. We don't shop at supermarkets - except ocasionally at Waitrose!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Charitable donations?