Thanks all

Just got back off holiday and gave your suggestions a whirl.

If you remember the thread I asked about removing wax from leather shoes and I have made a mistake putting them on. After several suggestions someone mentioned White Spirit. So Sunday I bit the bullet and got a Microfibre and white spirits and attacked them. After 4 tries I finally removed all the wax. I then put them in the sink and washed them down trying to remove the smell and left them out overnight. Today after 5 coats of brown polish they look like new, they are just like they were when I bought them, only a slight bit darker but they look great.

Just wanted to come back and thank you all for the help and advice you all gave.

Reply to
Ben Short

That's funny, I usually want to find ways of putting wax on things rather than getting it off - when say - waterproofing a hat. In that case, melted candles, a paintbrush, and then a hair drier to finally soak it in, does the job...

spamlet