Thank goodness for loft storage tanks.

The water supply failed for the 3rd time in 8 months again at midday today. Two more pipe bursts and only a low pressure supply restored as of 8.50 pm. So I expect it to be off again tomorrow. Some of my neighbours have stored hot water but mains fed cold water. Others are combi fed! I reckon the water company are on borrowed time in terms of it being cheaper to replace the 65 yr old iron mains with plastic than keep paying vast sums for contracted out emergency repairs. At least the water company put it up on their website, even if they didn't tell the customers.

Reply to
Capitol

About 10 years ago we had 5 burst mains in two months over a 1/2 mile length of pipe they put an epoxy sleeve liner inside the cast iron pipe, been fine since

Reply to
Mark