Textured Ceiling Paint

I have a ceiling which at some time has been painted with "textured paint" - it is very "sharp" pointed "bits" protruding from the ceiling and appears to have small bits of material in with the paint.

I have removed a fitted wardrobe - and the ceiling above that is just plaster.

I can either try and clear existing ceiling - paper and paint again; or I can try and match the existing paint - plain white.

Problem is - what is it likely to be - I am told it could be artex or polytex or similar; anyone?

Reply to
judith

You can get a skim/filler specially for smoothing over textured ceilings. Haven't tried it. I think I'd pay a plasterer to skim the whole ceiling.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I have and would not recommend it at all.

That's a far better and quicker solution=20

--=20 Regards David: NorthWest, England

Reply to
Vaidd