Text message to e mail

Hi

I have received a couple of text messages which I need to forward to a client. The client doesn't have a mobile :-)

I've tried plugging my phone into my PC but can't access them.

I don't have an option on the phone to forward them via e mail, although I do have the option Move to SIM.

Is there any way of doing this?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Forward them to the client's landline, some horrid robot will read them out (unless they've opted-out of the service).

Reply to
Andy Burns

Does your mobile provider offer the possibility of handling text messages from a web interface? If so, it might be possible to do something from there. Even if it is only copy and paste into an email.

Reply to
polygonum

Sir needs a less pikey phone. Or less luddite clients.

Reply to
Adrian

Sir needs a less pikey phone. Or less luddite clients.

More like perhaps the ability to actually "Type" the text from the phone into that old fashioned thing called an "Email" by actually using the fingers, keyboard, computer and the most important part....The Brain !

Reply to
Nthkentman

They are very long txt messages :-)

That's Plan B.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The easy way is to simply transcribe them from your phone to an email. Is 320 characters really that hard to type?

Or as has been mentioned forward them to your clients landline number, that should work. Though if your client isn't that up with telecommunications the call from the robot might throw them and I don't think they are kept after being read out.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

forward them to someone you know with a smartphone, get them to email them to you.

You then email to client.

Job done.

Reply to
yendor

If you get a SIM reader, then you can recover the text from the message store in the SIM after you move it there. Readers are under a tenner.

What phone is it? There are ways to get stuff off phones, especially Nokia ones, and most smartphones.

Reply to
John Williamson

Forward them to the phone number of a 3g dongle. They then appear as a text file.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

No option to copy the text on your phone? You could then paste it into an email.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Photo the phone screen with a camera, compile the camera images into a multi-page PDF and email that to them.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Knowing TMH's ability at focusing with a camera, I think a photoshop session with un-sharp mask would be require at this stage :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Photograph the phone screen repeatedly as you scroll the message down. Email the photographs.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Aha!

Thanks!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Have a look at MyPhoneExplorer at

As well as synchronising your phone's calendar and phone book, it also copies texts into an archive on your computer from where you can copy and paste them into emails.

I got a text message on my ordinary phone. It came as a recorded answerphone message relayed by I assume Bt..or it might have been IDnet.

Yup. If you text a BYT landline it will eventually turn up as a ring on your phone and a text to voice message.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Get someone with a non pikey phone to photograph them and use Goggles or a similar application to capture the text and OCR it... ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to support my phone.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

At this point you've spent how long not typing them out?!? ;-)

How about:

"Phone up client, read out text message"?

Scott

Reply to
Scott M