Texcote... Mastex...

Just in case this is of use or interest to anyone...

A few minutes ago, the doorbell rang, and I politely declined one of those "our experts are in your area, so we'd like to arrange a special free inspection for you" offers. However, the subject of the offer (checking weather damage to rendering) reminded me of this thread...

Google search reveals that the 'Texcote' brand is owned by Mastex. It was hard to tell from the cursory glance I gave the paperwork the salesman showed me, but I'm pretty sure this evening's call was from Mastex.

Interestingly, when I mentioned that I was reluctant to deal with him, having been put off by previous dealings with Texcote, he quickly lost interest.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Clark

During the recession of the early 90's after I was made redundant I sold texture coating (not Texcote) for a while til I got a proper job again. Although it was far from cheap it does seem to last well. I regularly drive past a couple of jobs I sold and they still look good.

Rgds

Andy R

Reply to
Andy R

The success of any coating depends largely on the substrate. The lot I recently pulled off a wall was intact as a film but was storing serious damp behind it. It would be interesting to know if a textured coat would take over the breathable membranes mentioned in another thread.

Reply to
stuart noble

We had Texcote applied to our last house. Looked good and was as tough as old boots although I seem to remember it took nearly a month to dry fully.

Never buy the stuff on the first visit though. Make it clear it's just too expensive and get rid of the bloke. Ignore all the cobblers about the price only being available if you sign up now. Sure as eggs is eggs within a few days you'll get a call saying that they've had a job cancelled and a crew is idle so they'll give you a large extra discount.

Still not cheap mind..

Reply to
norm