Test - will someone reply

Boo ;p

al

Feeling lonely, Mary?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hello Mary.

Were you feeling in need of care and attention?

Do I need to have a word with Spouse about this?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks to all of you.

I'm not lonely nor in need of a shoulder to cry on or care and attention, it's far less interesting than that. I've tiddled with my identity and wanted to know if it was working.

Seems to be, thanks to you all.

Just back from a wonderful anniversary celebration and recovered from the champagne but not from the over indulgence of fabulous food. Have to prepare for the next one now, I have five years to lose enough weight to fit into a slinky gold lame frock.

Nice to be back :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

alt.test or uk.test, put anything but 'ignore' in the subject line and you should have at least one server send an auto reply to your return address, do was it your intention to bog the ng down with one line replies to your request from 50,000 readers ?...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

LOL! You've done the same but with more words :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

But he's not the OP! Cummon, you knew about alt.test - so what's your real motive :-) :-)

Reply to
Parttime

You're making a wrong assumption.

Look, I 'm not going to upset any more people by takeing up more bandwidth, nor am I going to waste more of my time. If you lot want to do by yourself what you're accusing me of doing go ahead and play.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No, I've tried (but seemingly failed) to inform you of the test groups, how they work and why people should use them. :~(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote in news:424d5411$0$33318$892e7fe2 @authen.white.readfreenews.net:

P'raps it's you?

mike

Reply to
mike ring

It always amuses me when some one uses the term bandwidth on the internet. The connection is serial and the data is on/off. So how can bandwidth be used? Bandwidth, by its very description, would mean that more data, other than ones and zeros could be transmitted along the telephone line. There are many radio amateurs looking into this ng who can back me up on the description of bandwidth. So how did bandwidth get on the internet?

Dave

Very curious

Reply to
Dave

This one could run and run.... perhaps a new thread is in order.

And indeed it can and is (single symbol FSK modems went out years ago).

Much depends on your definition of bandwidth:

expect that the original assumption that more bandwidth = more data transfer capacity (al la Shannon) has evolved into a burring and re appropriating of the term.

Reply to
John Rumm