Test Post Only

Please ignore - test only

Reply to
thescullster

Failed.

Why not use one of the hundreds of test groups?

Reply to
Huge

Thanks Huge

Yes I tried that and didn't believe that Tbird had actually posted successfully! For some reason it simply stopped one day and wouldn't post (perhaps coinciding with windows updates) - was OK reading any group from eternal-september, but for no obvious reason posts just bounced. Having tried numerous client changes (including uninstalling and re-installing an older version), re-introducing passwords etc I gave up.

Today, about 2-3 months later, tried posting to a test group with no changes to Tbird app whatsoever and it worked - hence my lack of belief and trial post to D-I-Y (my most frequented group!!).

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Because often what the issue is that one or two groups are the only ones apparently not updating. Using a test group proves nothing in these cases. The issues are often related to problems with the feed of cours, and thus posting to the server that yu use achieves little, you really need to send your test to a different one or do it through google mind numbing groups. The other issue as I've found is that Live mail and Outlook Express can get themselves corrupted so that certain groups look like there are no new posts in them. Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

In general no, but apostrophes used correctly help to clarify and remove ambiguity so using them correctly has no downside.

A bit surprised to hear you say that Brian as I has always understood that text-speech was generally deprecated on usenet because it discriminated against people reliant on text-to-speech converters (which couldn't cope with text-speech). Is this no longer the case?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+