Test Meter Recommendation

Sorry I bought my last Fluke around fifteen years back, I don't remember the model number. I know for a fact that the thing wasn't fused on the higher current range, because it didn't have one. I would have bought it from Farnell with only a scant bit of attention to the specs.. Well a DMM is a DMM and for £70-00 or thereabouts One expects a current range. The pile of junk didn't have one. It went in the bin, it wasn't worth the space in my toolbox. Prior to this I have had models that needed the fuse replacing and I know they were less than

10.0 A

The only meters I owned that I could name were the Avo 7 and Avo 8, none of the others were quite so notable!

Crock clips were invariably supplied with meters once, they were not extras that you find you need halfway through a job.

IMHO holding a pair of probes in contact with two conductors of considerable potential difference should be discouraged to the point where two hand held prods are to be ordered as an extra, not the crock clip! Better still make them half a meter long and incorporate a resistor chain in each for those who insist on prodding bus bars & the like.

AB

Reply to
Archibald

It needs a label: "instructions written on other end of the flex".

Reply to
John Rumm

I suspect it lost something in the translation from Chinese to German to English

Reply to
The Other Mike

AB

Reply to
Archibald

Yeah, it reads the meter and tells you what you're electricity bill is going to be. A "smart meter" indeed. ;)

Reply to
orion.osiris

So a meter without a current range didn't have a fuse so you binned it.

Staggering.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Indeed. Very wasteful .... Must have money to burn..

Reply to
tony sayer

Clever!

Reply to