Tesco launches boiler installation service

The Medway Handyman

Do you get club card points with it ? ;-)

Reply to
srp

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Amusing to read the comments further down "protect us tradesmen, not the retail consumer". They already have a Gas Safe Card, now they want jam on it.

Tesco is not actually doing anything, although it is highly probable they will offer financing. If you do not pay we freeze your gonads off.

Reply to
js.b1

So what is next. Tesco funerals, sea cruises, maybe?

Tesco condoms?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

My thoughts too. Friends who actually have to make use of Gas Safe tradesman are always complaining about how difficult it is to get one quickly, so it doesn't seem to me like they're short of work. Maybe the ones in those comments are short of work for a reason?

Yes, they aren't going to suddenly magic up another few thousand Gas Safe tradesmen.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

*From* £2000?! I had a new combi boiler Corgi fitted a year ago for £1200.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

? MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

"While every care has been taken to ensure this information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated and nutrition content may change. We would therefore recommend that you do not rely solely on this information and always check products labels".

Humm ... edible ones perhaps;?...

Reply to
tony sayer

Quality of job? Make of combi? What flowrate? Was the system cleaned before installation (sludge may cake up the innards in a few years)? Sometimes you get what you pay for.

"hopefully", this will improve the quality of installations. There are far too many self employed bathroom changers who take a GasSafe courses and know little about heating overall. The sort who rip out forced-air systems as they haven't a clue how they work and rip out 5 year old boilers because they do not know how to fix them. The trade is full of cowboys.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel wrote

That's why it's always best to opt for British Gas at £4k.

Reply to
Alan