Temporary water pipe for caravan.

Hi All,

I am about to get a static caravan delivered and have access to a water tap about 100m away. Does anyone know the correct type of pipe to run a temporary supply to the caravan?

regards jim

Reply to
vivienne wykes

MDPE pipe, like:

Reply to
Grunff

In article , vivienne wykes writes

Make sure it has a hole down the middle.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Bit of hose, usually.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This is very important.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

MDPE is a lot cheaper than even crappy garden hose. 50m ~£13.

Reply to
Grunff

Might want to go for UV stabilised black MDPE rather than the common blue stuff which is usually only used underground - depends how long your temporary supply will be there for.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

It was the use of the word temporary that led to my suggestion. We have a length of exposed blue MDPE which has been there for 2 years so far (runs along a south facing wall). One day it will get covered up ;-)

Reply to
Grunff

No, the important bit is that it has a continuous hole down the middle.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

MDPE, blue stuff should be fine I know bits that have been on the surface for years without problem. What might be more important is winter is a coming. It'll freeze, now MDPE doesn't mind that but you might mind being without water...

Insulation probably won't work so you are stuck with burying it really. Depending on where you are just 12" down will do for all but the hardest of winters (not likely).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
vivienne wykes

So why do the water lot insist on 30 inches?....

Reply to
tony sayer

Because a permanent installation has to cope with hard winters. They wouldn't want 50% of houses without water just because of a cold snap.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Because if we ever got another winter like '47 or '63 or possibly the early 80's, pipes 12" down would freeze. A week of daytime maxes below zero and nighttime lows of -10C and 12" would be rather shallow. There is also the element of protection from man with pick axe digging a hole.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ah!, that's the real reason why;))

Reply to