Temporary flexible waste pipe

Hi all,

I'm renovating the kitchen, but working around the family at the same time (i.e. keeping the kitchen working whilst doing the work). The kitchen is large enough to be able to move the old bits around - so I've plastered, plumbed (some) and done the electrics all round whilst keeping the cooker, hob, fridge and some worktop all live by moving them around in their (now) moveable housings!

I now need to shift the sink unit so I can level up the floor where it sits. The new sink is destined for the same location, so I want to keep the old one working whilst the floor is setting. I already have some floplast flexible pipe ready for replumbing the taps temporarily, but have drawn a blank looking for some flexible waste pipe (40mm). I'm think that something like washing machine waste pipe, but wider, would probably be available - has anyone seen such a thing?

Failing that, I'll just have to go with plan B, which is to reconnect with longer waste - it's just it's easier to work round if the unit can be shifted a bit as needed.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Adrian Ball

Onetap

I did that too. Used washing machine hoses to connect up the taps, but I just put a large bucket under the sink waste. Only overflowed once or twice.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Any chance of visiting your local recycling centre and picking up some vacuum cleaner hose? There are always stacks of vacuum cleaners in the electrical bin at mine. Bit of duct tape and you'll have a lovely bodge. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

What about a pond supply shop? Flex hose in all sort of sizes. Usually sold by the metre.

Geoff Beale

Reply to
gb

HepFlex? Waste

Don't forget the solvent weld adhesive if you make up your own - which is dead simple.

Works superbly. You could probably use it in a temporary setup and re-use the same stuff in the final build - possibly changing an end or two.

You might consider HepVO waste 'traps' - I haven't used them in a kitchen but have everywhere else. (Same page.)

Reply to
Rod

Yes, I did exactly that. Got mine free from an electrical shop that I do some work for. It was one that he had had on the shelf for years, and he was happy to get rid of it. Worked a treat.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks - and to all others who responded with some great ideas - I think I'll go with the vacuum hose idea first (cheap/free!), it's only got to last a few days.

Ade.

Reply to
Adrian Ball