Temp skylight removal

I've a Velux GGL-9 skylight which I'm interested in temporarily removing, from inside the house, in order to get better access to the roof.

Attached to the window hinges are two curved metal plates that slot into a metal frame on the fixed surround. AFAICS it's simply a slot-headed screw bolt near the end of each plate that prevents the window from being removed. Screwing them both in slightly so as to be flush with the plate looks as if it will allow the window to be lifted out.

Can anyone please confirm that this is so and easily done and, more importantly, that slotting the window back in again afterwards shouldn't be problematic.

Reply to
Lemmy

Yes, you screw them flush and the tongues will slide free

Getting them back is harder - two pairs of hands makes it easier.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Lemmy wrote in

Absolutely right

Not problematic but can be a problem - quite heavy, likely to involve you lifting, holding (often at arms' length) and manoeuvring in an awkward space. I'd suggest a two person approach for the reinstall. At least have a restraint of some kind to stop the window plummeting earthward in event of your losing your grip.

Reply to
PeterMcC