Telewest Cable Box Removal

During the latest batch of DIY in the dining-room, the Telewest cable box feeding the house has become loose. I'd like to remove it, and re-fit in a more stable location but can't get the screws out. As telewest are now charging 75 per call-out, I'd like to do this myself if I can.
Previous searches have yielded that the screws used are system zero. However, RS have 3 bit sizes listed on their web site, and I'd ideally like to know which is the correct one!
Previous article here :
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=elh7bvkh 8o3m33nsp36na8gh038u5cdob5%404ax.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dtelewest%2Bca ble%2Bbox%2Bscrews%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den
RS components here : www.rswww.com
Order nos are : 542-122 for Machine M2-5, 542-116 for Machine M3-5, 542-100 for Machine M6. These are for bits to fit my drill (rather than the screwdrivers which are a bit more expensive).
Thanks for any replies!
Leigh

<SNIP>
Took me a while to find these but they're the right ones - I've tried them
<<http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&pr oduct%5Fid%4192>>
or
http://tinyurl.com/vq48
I cant remember if its the 3.8 or 4.5 - buy both I did.
HTH
Lard.

box
them
<<http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&pr
Cheers! They also appear to be a good bit cheaper that the RS ones. How are they for delivery (if you know)
Leigh

are
Next Day if ordered before 6:30pm. (assuming stuffs' in stock) they use UPS, I order stuff regularly never had a problem.Have a browse round the WWW site - it would be a shame to have to pay 5 quid handling for a 1.30 item. I think >30 quid is free.
Lard.

UPS,
item.
RS is the same, though the item is 3 times the price each so I'm not too worried about the handling charge. Difference between 15 and 7 so happy! Might have a look around the website though.
Thanks again,
Leigh

Bah. Out of stock. Looks like RS could be getting my business. Might try phoning CPC first though.

Alt.rec.comedysuppliers.org
no, don't bother trying it
--
geoff

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:37:52 GMT, Lardman wrote:

That's normally not that difficult. B-)

Funny everything I have ever ordered from CPC has been next day via Royal Mail. I'd be surprised if they use another carrier, their warehouse is bang next door to an equally massive PO Mail Centre in Preston. I've ordered past 1900 and have it on my mat 0930 the next day...

He he, CPC has a catalogue that is leathel to the health of ones wallet.

Yep, sliding scale below that at 5 decrements and 1 increment in handling up to 4.99 @ <15 nett. I have a DPC with RS so don't pay P&P/handling so if I want something *now* it can be cheaper overall to pay RS's inflated prices rather than cheaper plus handling.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Small, light items, yes.

They stopped using ParcelFarce a while ago. They use UPS now.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
On 19 Nov 2003 22:59:42 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Define "small". I've had boxes up to case of wine size via the PO admitedly these are sent "letter" post rather than Parcel Force (that doesn't arrive until 1630 up here). All fairly light, so I guess the real deciding factor between letter post and UPS is the weight.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:37:52 GMT, Lardman wrote:

That's normally not that difficult. B-)
These guys want 16 for the same item that's on the CPC site!
http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/118 1
Pays to shop around (though they might actually have one in stock!).
Leigh

You might want to try local electronic component shops (if you have any) to save on postage/time. The local one here (H. Gee's in Cambridge) had both sizes in stock once I knew what to ask for.
David
--
Replace nospame with yahoo to reply
Unsolicited commercial email will incur a $100 processing fee

cable
re-fit in

now
<<http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CPC+Catalogue&pr
are
I take it that it's not something that Maplin will generally stock? Mind you, the last few times I was in Maplin after a few things (like a No 6 Torx driver) they didn't have any. Am I better to ask for a system zero bit rather than for a 'gamebit' (which is what the CPC ones appear to be)? And does anyone know whether it's the 3.8 or 4.5 mm bit that's required (I think the 4.5 is the same as the smallest bit from RS).
Leigh

They knew it as a "Gamebit" but recognized it when I pointed to the System Zero one in the RS catalog. Maplin were/are useless. The screws I had (on a toaster) were 4.5, I found out by, um, measuring them. Can't you get at the heads with a ruler/calipers? Another of the advantages of the local shop - they said they'd be happy to exchange it for the smaller size if I had mismeasured.
David
--
Replace nospame with yahoo to reply
Unsolicited commercial email will incur a $100 processing fee

Torx
And
think
I'm probably being overcautious as I think the heads are 4.5 mm rather than 3.8 (though my eyesight's not what it used to be so .6 of a mm miight be too small a difference for me!). Will probably end up with the RS one as it's in stock now rather than on back order. Rs also have a trade counter in Glasgow so I might ask someone at my work to pick it up for me (though I don't know if these counters are maybe only for a/c customers only).
Leigh

Phoned CPC to enquire about availability. Mid January, so looking for other sources of 'gamebit's. Found some on e-bay so might give that a try. Cost per unit is more expensive however p&p's 20% of CPC / RS.
Leigh

Christ what a bloody rip off. Tell them if they don't come and fix it you're off to Sky and they can then remove it!..
--
Tony Sayer

I changed to Telewest so that I could get broadband internet and they wanted 75 pounds to transfer my BT phone number. So guess who has a new phone number. Ron