Television and Video

We have bought a second have tv. The "remote control" was purchased by the previous owner after his kids broke the one that came with the set (a Matsui).
Is it possible to *tune* the remote so that it operates the TV (which it doesn't at present) and can the TV be adjusted so as to accept our existing video recorder (or to these various items have to be "compatible")? Fred

depends entirely on the remote, can you provide more detail?

They should work fine together, although how they connect depends on the items - has the TV got a SCART socket in the back?

Sounds like a universal remote - no great shakes if you can`t get it to work, as they`re 12-20 to replace for a new one with all the codes.
Who made the remote - i`ve had a couple and might be able to give some clues on programming it depending on the model
-- Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email * old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam * --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---

geoff

We have bought a second have tv. The "remote control" was purchased by the previous owner after his kids broke the one that came with the set (a Matsui).
Is it possible to *tune* the remote so that it operates the TV (which it doesn't at present) and can the TV be adjusted so as to accept our existing video recorder (or to these various items have to be "compatible")? Fred
message

set (a Matsui).

accept our existing video recorder (or to these various items have to be "compatible")?

Replacement remotes are pretty reasonable try http://www.remotecontrols.co.uk /
Angela