Telescopic air brick?

I'm need a couple of air bricks at the back of my house.

The rear yard though is higher than the interior floor so a telescopic air brick would be required.

What's the best way of putting these in? Digging down then removing a bunch of wall from outside then fitting airbrick and rebuilding?

Or pulling the floor up inside to get at the inner wall?

Ta.

Reply to
R D S

Is the ventilation required in the room or under the floor? Does the wall have a cavity?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Under the floor.

And yes.Well it does above ground anyway.

Reply to
R D S

I saw the way this was done at a school I was working at. Basically they dug down and fitted a vertical rectangular plastic duct about 2" x 12" next to the wall. It ended about a foot above the ground with a blank top end. Just below the top end was a louvre in the side wall of the duct. It looked like a purpose made product. It was grey plastic.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright