Telephone Extension help

I am going to try to set up a proper telephone extension system using extension boxes instead of just cables + splitters that we have at the mo, is there anywhere on the web that gives instructions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Will

Reply to
W Johnson

.

Do you mean that you want to wire up all the extensions properly to use the same external phone line, or do you mean that you want to put extensions around the house and be able to call between them as well?

The former requires appropriate wiring only; the latter requires a PABX of some kind which can be installed on one or more phone lines and then you have multiple extensions connected to it which can make and receive external and internal calls.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall