Telephone cable - clips

anyone know if there is somesort of mahcine that makes putting i nthe above a lot easier/more accurate?

Otherwise does anyone know a good alternative to the above if you have to nail into say concrete?

Thanks

Reply to
mo

This should do the job!

Sparks

>Just re-read your post, sorry, I didn't read the bit about concrete the first time!

Reply to
Sparks

Thinking laterally, can you glue some cable channel or mini trunking to the concrete - or even glue the cable directly to it?

Reply to
John Stumbles

In the past I've glued telephone cable to concrete and stone. Bostick number 1 (clear) worked very well.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I was going to say that, no good on concrete, you need the hardened pins for that. Using a pin hammer rather than anything bigger can help as it reduces the space required for the hammer head allowing ones finger to hold the clip better until the pin has started. Having said that nails into concrete tend to have a mind of their own anyway.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There are masonry plugs available for cable clips - a bit slower than just hammering them in but work well. Although I've not tried them with telephone cable size.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
nobodyhome

for concrete: Drill to insert small plastic wallplug then tap cable clip into that.

mark

Reply to
mark

My fingers never get any closer than 3 inches from the pin. Use a pair of pointed pliers and you won't feel a thing :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave