Tarmac

I'm thinking of seting up a basketball court in the back garden for my three aspiring B'baller children.

Obviously slabs is an option...but I wondered if anyone has any expereience of using tarmac and how that would compare with concrete as an alternative?

Cheers, Mark, M/cr

to reply by email, please take the michael

Reply to
MarkD

Tarmac or asphalt is what's normally used, and I imagine produces better bounce.

Have used cold tarmac in past & with a roller, sound foundations should be OK.

I used Readmix, and then on another job WICKES.

The Wickes was cheaper & much easier to apply.

Reply to
Gel

just look for any road works going on nearby ... any local pikey will be happy to put a bit of the black stuff down for you.

Reply to
Rick Hughes