Taps & tails

I will soon be putting in a new sink unit (stainless steel) and with it a monobloc mixer tap. I read somewhere that the tap may need to be stabilised to prevent flexing of the stainless steel. As I understand it, these type of taps are connected with flexible tails, so how do you make it more rigid? Sorry for the non tech-speak! I wondered if there is a bracket available to fit below the flange, but I have not seen mention of anything like that. Many thanks in advance. Ed

Reply to
Ed Rear

Top hat washer?

FrancisJK

Reply to
FrancisJK

Fix it in the worktop behind the sink, rather than in the sink itself.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The hole in the sink might look odd, though. Suppose you could put a daffodil in it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Sinks often come with no tap hole so a single model can be reversed. (or alternatively with front and back holes, and a blanking piece, of which you'd need a second one.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've just had to buy flexible tails because my taps (Astracast) came with rigid tails that reached down so far they were visible every time you opened the door. Try to get a pair of these and bolt them to the back panel.

Reply to
G&M