Taps leaking/running off

I have recently had 3 taps installed by a non-professional plumber.

Once the taps are turned off the water continues to run for a short period. This appears to be the water held between the tap screw (right term?) and the opening. It applies to all three taps.

Is this normal? I have never come across it elsewhere. If not, is it a result of sub-standard taps or insufficient plumbing experience? Is there a possible way to rectify the situation?

The taps don't appear to leak otherwise. The manufacturer is Architeckt and the cold is connected to the mains whilst the hot is connected to a tank. I am not sure if any of this is relevant but I would appreciate any advice or thoughts you may have to offer.

Many thanks Rachel

Reply to
Rachel

IMHO the "modern" tap is often an abortion of poor design. Visual appeal overrides function and the result is exactly the situation you describe. The plumber be he pro or amateur can only install what you have chosen and if there are no leaks or problems after the dribble has stopped, the tap and its connections are ok. Its down to the shape of the tap spout innards. My pet hate is the tap styles with an outlet which has no drip off point so any failure to shut off correctly or worn washer/ceramic discdrip through runs back under the spout, puddles around the top of a handbasin especially the soap depression or the top of a bath end before finding its way to somewhere it shouldn't especially a decorated, plastered wall.

Reply to
John