Tape measures - metric only

Hi,
I would like to buy a metric-only tape measure in the uk - where can i get one? I've seen stanley ones in other countries in europe, but can only get metric + imperial combined ones in the uk!!
Any help greatly appreciated!!
"Fred Elliot" <ashnewstead at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote in message

Try www.YorkSurvey.co.uk
They supply the professional market. My last metric only tape came from them.
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Axminster do one.
Paul Mc Cann
In uk.d-i-y, Fred Elliot wrote:

Lots of them here (just skim the headings and ignore anything with feet - there are five pages):
http://www.tooled-up.com/MicroCategory.asp?CID=8&SCID 3&MCIDr9
It's a UK company despite the .com
--
Mike Barnes

I'm afraid I got mine from France. I tend to pop in when on a beer run and pick up tape measures and PVA (which for some reason is 1/3 of the price here). I did find some metric ones when I was looking in the UK, but baulked at the cost.
It is worth persisting though. Using a metric only tape is a dream compared to those horrible imperial ones, where the cubits or whatever those Luddites want to use always get in the way.
Christian.
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:08:29 -0000, "Christian McArdle"

Its not the feet and inches that throw me, its the dual reading ones with imperial and metric on the one tape that I hate. Metric only are so clear in comparison, and they can be read from either side of the tape
Paul Mc Cann