Tank Water Pressure

We are having our Kitchen renewed soon, so I want to put the washing machine in another room for a while, the only water available in that room is from the tank in the loft (hot and cold) The machine requires a minimum pressure of 1 Bar on the cold, and 0.3 on the hot.

How do I know if I have enough pressure!?

Is there a calculation depending on the height of the tank?

Thanks!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

1 bar = 100KPa. 100KPa/ 1000Kg/m^3 *10m/s^2 = 10m head (about). So, 1 bar cold = 10m. Unlikely unless it's a 3 story.
Reply to
Ian Stirling

Try it and see? Connect hose from cold outlet in proposed location to washing m/c (cold inlet - hot will be same pressure) and see if it works. Don't even have to move the machine.

Reply to
John Stumbles

It won't meet the specs given. It may well work, but be slow to fill.

Reply to
Ian Stirling