Tamper proof Triangle socket

I've got light fitting that has the cover retained by some tamper proof screws. The heads have a raised equilateral triangle with each side 4 or

5mm long. This obviously needs a triangle shaped socket driver, can I find one? Can I heck. That's looking on CPC and RS sites. The "security" bit sets don't have this particular type of bit in them.

Any clues? TIA.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Do you have any small hex sockets? A small enough socket will fit - but it'll need to be 3mm/4mm

Reply to
Grunff

Any chance of a pic, we could come up with an idea?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Is there any room to clamp a dremmel type chuck over it? as the chuck is basically a triangle jaw shape.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It occurs to me that the appropriate sized hex socket bit may work.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Dunno how big the triang is but... :-)

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

the tri socket on it.

I'll take some hex sockets next time I'm down there and my camera... Trouble they are also recessed down a fairly narrow hole in plastic, anything over about 3/8" dia isn't going to reach them.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I got a box of security bits from Aldi recently. 104 different ones I think, for 5 or 6 quid. Quality was not the best, but how often do you need one of those obsure shares/sizes? Worth keeping an eye out for future reference.

regards, Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

We use a 'Nutspinner' which has a long thin shaft and is gently forced onto the tri-head. IIRC it is a 4BA and a hammer ;) or a cheap n'n cr4ppy box spanner

Reply to
Grumpy owd man