Talking of screed...

Is it suitable for outside use, on a path?

I'll explain better: running along the back of my house is a strip of concrete, about 25' long by 5' wide, which is evenly flat but quite badly cracked. Rather than digging the whole lot out and re-laying more concrete I wondered if there's something available which would give a nice "new" surface but be no more than about 15mm-20mm thick?

It can't be too thick because there's a rainwater drain in the corner and a big square metal access lid to the sewer right in the middle of it. What I'd like is something which could be poured on and left to level itself. Yeah right :)

Any ideas?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

screed no good except in bulk. Tarmac or bitumen and chippings?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There's a thought. That sounds very...sticky though.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Smash the existing up even more to give a good bite

then mix a fine concrete using small 3/8 chippings. That will do the job. IMO.

test a bit first if unsure.....

Reply to
Capstick

Yes. that's sound. Smash it and make new mix using old bits.

4" of generalised muck and concrete will make a fine new path.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher