Talking of pressurised 'guns'

Spouse had a can of upv foam in his garage/workshop.

He dropped a chisel and it pierced the can.

Luckily he got out before being immobilised.

I think he should have applied for an Arts Council grant but he chipped away at it until most of it was cleared.

Unimaginative or what?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

...or the time I accidentally closed the lid of my mates toolbox- on a concealed can of PU foam.....

Messy.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

The best use I've seen for these cans is to squirt the stuff inside the Gatzo speed cameras.

Not that I am advocating people should do this of course.....

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Eat you hearts out this is the wonder one:

(Trouble is it's so good it must be apocryphal) The owner of one semi was having his cavity walls filled with expanding foam at the same time as his neighbour was having hs toilet replaced.

When the plumbers came back from lunch they had to use razorblades to get into the loo.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I had a friend who used some of the two-part foam to put built-in bouyancy into a canoe he was building from plans. He didn't think the volume of liquid looked enough, so doubled it 'to be safe'. He ended up with a large lump of foam, firmly attached to the concrete of his parents' drive, with several weeks' work buried inside.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

There's a classic Peter Parry post lurking about the archives, on the subject of expanding foam. I think it was something to do with canoes as well.

Reply to
John Laird

LOL!

Incidentally, before anyone else notices and pulls me up for it, I realise that I said 'upv foam'. That should, of course, have been 'pu foam'.

It's fun stuff!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

For the benefit of those who are new to this group:

Alan J. Wylie

I printed it and showed it to Spouse.

He grinned, he wheezed, he chortled, he guffawed, tears spring from his eyes ... he rarely smiles, never mind laughs.

Thank you for that!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher