Talking of cookers...

Whenever I see a stainless steel cooker in a showroom it always looks grubby. Is there a trick to keep it looking shiny? If it's a constant battle to maintain its looks, then I'll just buy a coloured one. TIA

Reply to
Grumps

I have a s/s hob and oven and unless you never use them they are a pig to keep looking clean . You must wipe up any spills immediately and after you have used it and cleaned it give it a wipe over with some cotton wool with a little baby oil on .It comes up well

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I think Johnson & Johnson must be in league with ss cooker manufacturers.

The wipe down with an oily rag only works until someone touches the surface, then it needs doing again. I wouldn't have one for the world.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Stick with a white one at least you can see its clean, pain in the backside steel ones.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

We have stainless steel: hob; sink; and double oven - not to mention toaster, 'healthy-eating grill; kettle; coffee maker and sundry tea, coffee, sugar, biscuit-barrel items cluttering up the place - oh, forgot the cooker hob and the pedal bin! All clean up beautifully with a wipe-over with a damp 'shammy' (artificial chamois) cloth after a squirt of 'Rescue Stainless Steel Cleaner (TM)' - I'm not affiliated to 'em' {I've also had similar results with 'Astonish All-surface cleaner' spray.] Far less problem than the 'enamelled items the previous appliances were!

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

LOL! Life's too short :-)

Mary