Talk the torque.

Using multi drills *any* drill is fine for most things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed. As your local fire brigade will confirm after pumping out the area.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

yes and Bum, Iv just realised that the makita doesn't come with a quick-change chuck like the Panasonic, I can live without having to buy wobbly hex drills or equally wobbly hex chucks as an afterthought.

As far as cost goes the Panasonic was only about £140, (exchange rate was admittedly better then)

-
Reply to
Mark

FSVO masonry. The multimaterial bits are good, but they don't hammer themselves.

Oh dear, what is the tradesman meant to do... take two drill into the job now? Consistent as ever I see.

A paddle and most holesaw arbours require 13mm chucks...

Just the mixing drill and the ID then...

BTW, you were elected spokesman for "tradesmen" when exactly?

Yes... perhaps that would come under the classification of "Unless you are doing relatively little drilling and fixing"

Who mentioned pilot holes? One drills through the ply and the insulation as it is the shortest distance to the masonry behind it. You can then tap a brown plug through the ply and insulation, and into the brickwork with the long screw, before driving it the last 40mm with your other screw driving appliance.

Yup, I could do it with one drill (although I would not choose an ID unless it also had hammer - otherwise I would spend ages drilling the holes when I hit a hard brick even with the decent drill bit), but it would be harder and slower going. Often you want to get one fixing in before adjusting final position. The prospect of having to fiddle about changing from chuck to screwdriver with one hand, while supporting an

8x4 sheet with the other does not appeal.

That I can believe...

we can insert our own choice of word prior to "quality" I presume.

Reply to
John Rumm

So you know more about it than the people who invented it?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Please eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You can do it with one standard Impact Driver.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That would be an imaginary fire brigade Dave, pumping out imaginary water - obviously the idiot has no practical experience, he dreams it al up.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You must eff off as you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Heh heh - don't you remember his post? One of the few where he was telling the truth? And went on about flooding a house after he'd used a hacksaw to make a joint in plastic pipe. Laugh? I very nearly bought a round.

The real laugh is it can be done - if you have basic skills and patience.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I used a hacksaw to do my plastic pipe 27 years ago, it is still there doing its job. You do use a Stanley knife to trim it of course.

Reply to
dennis

What didn't you understand what I wrote?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yep. even with makers cutters you need to as they one dnagerous nick. Hence why Monument inveted a rotary plastic pipe cutter.

Snips are quicker of course, but are still not perfect.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Pumps? Size 9?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Pumps? Size 9?

WTF are you on about?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sweaty one as well./

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes. Mostly I use it for big augers into timber framing.

Jammy bugger!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm saying something like:

Oh, a willie-waving contest.

Hmm...

2x 110v drills, 1x 110v SDS, 2x 240v hammer drills, 1x mains SDS, 2x 7.2v drills, 1x 12v SDS, 1x SDS Max drill /breaker, 1x AEG drill /breaker, 1x pillar drill, and I'm sure I've forgotten a couple I don't use. I don't have any impact drivers -yet.

Hellfire; the collection builds up, doesn't it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

It doesn't take much time actually doing stuff to realise that, with the low price of tools now, it's well worthwhile having one of each to hand, instead of farfing around changing bits and drills alternately. Which is why I use a pair of Makita 7.2v - one for pilot holes, one for screws, when I'm doing any panelling or flooring. When they die, I'll move up the range, but they show no signs of pegging out yet.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

There is a proper tool for it.