syphonic wc

I've come across another of these, last one I fixed a leak in the aspirator tube with roofing sealant.

This one has a cracked cistern and the aspirator will not fit in the new cistern plus I think the seal is shagged. Now because these things use about 2 gallons of water they are no longer on the market. rather than attempt to find a replacement aspirator that fits does anyone know what the effect of simply closing off the aspirator vent to the second chamber would be?

Currently without the aspirator the level in the pan rises substantially and then the flush is not very good at removing the solids.

AJH

Reply to
news

I suspect that without symphonic assistance, the flush will remain poor with or without the vent blocked. It's got to be there for a reason. No harm in trying it and seeing though. It might make the flush "adequate".

Sad that we can't choose to fit these now, or at least it seems impossible to buy one in the U.K.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They play music, too?

Reply to
Davey

If we have composing bogs, just playing it is child's play.

Reply to
polygonum

philharmonic farts

Reply to
Adam Funk

I had to use the old syphon and purchase a £13.50 aspirator which fitted it, the new syphon had a smaller inside diameter.

Once back together the flush is fine even though the cistern is smaller than the original.

AJH

Reply to
news