Synchron motor replacement on boiler divertor valve?

Took a peep at the boiler last night. The "wet bit" of the divertor valve is just fine but the Synchron motor inside the actuator has moments of seizure where the gear can't be turned either direction, then moments later it frees up.

So..... Boiler suppliers don't have one in stock. The standard one that seems to be available for regular 3-way valves (from wickes, screwfix etc)don't seem to have enough shaft poking out of the gear.

Is there somewhere I may find such a beast. The numbers on the side are 660F 230V 50HZ 5W 5RPM 38903R-6-121-130 0328 The gear shaft sticks out 8mm beyond the end of the gear (for locating into the plastic housing)

Cheers Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I've seen such a beast on a Diverter valve made by Siemens. Perhaps your local heating spares supplier can help

Reply to
cynic

I did take it out with me when I left the house this morning but our local plumbing merchant seems to have vanished and the builders are in emptying everything.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

FFS - Bristol has dozens of CH merchants

Get off your arse and go and go hunting

Reply to
geoff

I'm sure it does, but I have a shop to run that opens at 09:00 and closes 17:30 Monday to Saturday, after which I am still working to

20:00 and onwards.

Hence the "on the way into work" statement.

My arse typically works 60 to 80 hours a week, wasting a day on an futile "easter egg hunt" around Bristol is not an option for me.

So mail-order is the best solution and the manufacturer don't have the item until the end of next week.

Have a great bone idle weekend.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

So you don't have a telephone and e.g. yellow pages ?

Else if your time is that precious and so utilised, maybe you would be best to get a man in

'Kin right I will

Have you tried Powred ?

Reply to
geoff

im after the same synchron motor did u have any joy getting 1??

Reply to
gaz gas