Synchron motor?

Are they all the same? I need a new one for my Danfoss unit, but all the replacements I've found don't mention Danfoss, but they mention Honeywell etc etc.

Reply to
Dan

In message , Dan writes

No

hth

IIRC, Danfoss ones are larger than the Honeywell ones, but whether you can get the motors anymore, I don't know

Reply to
raden

Worth a browse through RS components site. I found a replacement motor for a Hotpoint washing machine programmer there years ago - Hotpoint would only supply the complete thing at well over 100 quid, but I got the coil only for about 10.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I also know that policemans balls are bigger than fiemans balls. Mainly because they sell more tickets to the policemans balls. :-)

If you have local appliance repair shop near you, then ask them if they have one. Even a second hand one should keep you going for a while.

Reply to
BigWallop

Hi all, thanks for the notes. I can't find a Synchron for a Danfoss (Even on the RS site) So I'll probably end up buying an actuator for around £40.00 Not that bad as I hate to think what a plumber would have come out and charged me. I hope this fixes the problem.

Next on my list is the leaky pipe behind my boiler that I noticed today.

DIY Baptism of fire!

Reply to
Dan

With all deference to Raden and other respondees.

I am fairly sure you will find synchron motors the same for most common motorised valves. I had exactly this problem during the evening of 20th November. No CH due to a failed 22mm 2 port motorised valve. Eventually tracked the valve down and found the motor inoperative. This was a Landis & Gyr valve & actuator. Installed October 1984 so it has done fairly well. The actuator is identical to the Grunfoss. I remembered having a spare 28mm Honeywell 3 port valve in the workshop and compared the synchron motors. Result: Identical Swapped motors - CH up & running again! Monday went to local heating suppliers for some odds & sods inc. replacement motor for now motorless Honeywell valve. After a chat with the chap at the counter he did a bit of cross-referencing for me. In short, Grunfoss, Honeywell & Landis/Gyr synchron motors are the same. Landis & Gyr actuators are no longer available but the Grunfoss is a direct replacement. Can dig out valve details if you wish.

HTH

DBF

Reply to
dogs best friend

In message , dogs best friend writes

No, they're not - which is why I said it.

I used to repair actuator heads, I do know what I'm on about

Reply to
raden

Try here:

BigWallop

They always seem to go in cold weather during the approach to Christmas. This happened twice to me (over the last few years). "I know", I thought, "I'll buy two motors, then I'll have a spare ready for the next time". Naturally it knew I had a spare and has refused to fail since. So buy an extra spare and it won't go wrong again.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I noticed my Synchron motor has a "4" stamped on the top, and all the others have a "5" I think. Something to do with the RPM or Wattage? Anyhow, doesn't matter as I am going to buy a new actuator as I think I may have knackered that "D" sectopn on it by trying to turn it to see if it would turn back, which it does, but then doesn't ever turn again.

Just outta curiosity (cos I'm dumb) - On my 3 port valve what way does the D (The turney bit) have to be to let both HW and CH through? I can't find any decent pics anywhere.

Reply to
Dan