symbols? (and a joke)

anybody know of a website giving symbols for sockets, switches

(and doors and windows etc.)

I'm going to draw up a floorplan of where and what I want re-wired

thanx

p.s. you've all prolly seen this before but made I larf

an amateur built the Ark

perfessionals built the Titanic

--

Gill Smith

Dave Plowman (News)

I use Microsoft Paint for simple electronic schematics. Some of the symbols came from the internet but it's not too difficult to create your own.

If you use a high zoom level - View/Zoom/Custom - you can easily make some quite intricate symbols which look really good at normal magnification.

Simply use copy and paste to generate multiple copies of the symbols and draw the lines between them.

Reply to
Terry Casey

You mean you want to look at some, or you want to download a set for a particular drawing application?

Reply to
John Rumm

The best-known diagramming program is Microsoft Visio which comes with lots of symbol in templates. If you don't want to pay for Visio then take a look at an open-source program called Dia. It is available in Linux and Windows.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

Yes, I use Dia and have found it's quite quick to learn well enough to use for circuit diagrams and such.

Reply to
tinnews

--

Gill Smith

I'll draw the plans on bits of graph paper and add the details, all by hand

--

Gill Smith

I might have a go at that if it all gets too messy, trying to get 3D out of

2D

--

Gill Smith

Or there's OmniGraffle. A damn sight easier to use than Visio, which is one of the shittier Windows programs from a usability POV.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Take care! On this page,

symbol shown as 'Slow Operating Relay - Delay On' is actually a Coaxial Socket.

The 'Slow Operating Relay - Delay On' re-appears on

as it's not really my field [1], I can't say if that one is really right or wrong ...

The Rectifier and Inverter symbols on this page:

use THIS symbol '~' to denote AC (as used in some of the other symbols).

[1] My field is electronics, rather than electrical. No doubt, if there are other errors, somebody with better knowledge in the electrical field will tell you ...
Reply to
Terry Casey

It might have been helpful if you'd said you wanted a 3D solution in the first place ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

triangle for a socket outlet square for a switch circle for a light fitting

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

that's a kind of a joke

it'll be 2D

my plan is more of a thumbnail sketch/aide memoire for his costing

I plan to do all the chase ork myself, after I've consulted the electrician

- I'll prolly have to give him a 'consultation fee' as he accompanies me round the rooms with an aerosol that will be used to mark out sockets, cable runs etc.

--

Gill Smith

Mac OSX / iOS only though I thought?

Reply to