SWMBO will not be amused

Page 1 of 2
SWMBO went off to work this morning, happily thinking about the new stainless steel 1.5 bowl sink I was going to fit to replace the yucky white plasticky thing that's been bugging her for a while.
Old plasticky thing wouldn't release from the worktop because of the sealant which was sucking it down, but soon sorted that with a car jack which was able to exert enough pressure to release the sealant around the edges. Everything going according to plan.....
Before doing anything naughty with the plumbing arrangements I thought I'd just drop the new sink into the hole in the worktop to make sure I didn't need to do any cutting. That's when it became apparent that the old hole wasn't suitable for the new sink. And yet these sinks have the same vital dimensions - it's the radius on the corners which is different and I couldn't find a suitable position where the new sink would cover all the hole. Whoever fitted this original sink was a bit too generous with his hole cutting and upon inspection it showed that the old sink sits precariously on the edges of the hole underneath.
Have had to put the old sink back in, but have changed to a new monobloc tap (she didn't like the previous taps either). Now have to await her disappointment when she appears in a couple of hours time.
Looks like I've got to do the whole damn worktop now. This sink sits in the middle of a 4m section. A job for next summer now that the outside temperature is dropping......
Why oh why oh why can't the manufacturers agree on the size of holes for sinks?
Grr......
PoP
PoP wrote:

Nice it is not but goes well with the rest of his DIY quality :-)
PoP wrote:

I've not long replaced a yucky SS stink with a blue pastic one, women eh? ;)

Ah, but they are probably on commission with the worktop manufacturers :) :)
Lee
--
Never summon Anything you can't banish.
-

Euurgh!
Plastic sinks are horrible. They stain like crazy and you can never get them clean. I spent more time washing the sink than the contents until I replaced mine with Stainless Steel. (My new house has a Belfast sink, which is also easy to clean).
Christian.
Christian McArdle wrote:

This one still looks like new, mind it doesn't get anything in it except water... SHMBO won't use anything that doesn't fit in the dishwasher ;)
I can understand the attraction and practicality of Belfast sinks, but *personally* I think they are ugly and better suited as planters ;)
Lee
--
Never summon Anything you can't banish.
-
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld com

I have nine in the garden.
I heard that they fetch a great deal on e-bay ...
Mary

likely to be terminal.

Crockery and glass go in the dishwasher.
The Belfast will be used for handwashing clothes, washing pans (only when the dishwasher is too full!) and filling buckets.
Christian.
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:18:11 +0100, "Christian McArdle"

That is exactly why SWMBO went off to work so happily this morning. In about 20 minutes time I'm going to have to face up to the music.....
PoP
Christian McArdle wrote:

Mineused to get weekly douse of caustic soda crystalks and a kettle of hot water.
Stoppped it staining, but sadly, the rubber perished and it leaked instead :-)

How do you get a woman to go off to work and earn, leaving you to do the easy stuff?

Because they're men.
Mary

At least they manager to agree on the shape Mary
ha ha
--
geoff

writes

Er - square, round, rectangular of a variety of proportions ... that's agreeing???
Mary

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:31:48 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

no, I'm pretty sure that comes under variety, flexibility and choice.
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Ah - a marketing man exposed!
Mary

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:18:10 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

Interestingly, you have managed to come up with a an offering which is inaccurate by the greatest margin of any answer/retort to any question/remark I have witnessed in approximately the last 50 years.
I am sure this achievement deserves some form of official recognition, since it's so astonishingly outstanding! It's easily several 100's of orders of magnitude further out than it's nearest rival.
The only thing which springs to mind is that you be banished to a lifetime of listening to Terry Wogan. I've nothing against him per se, but I think it may be just and it might serve you right! ;O)
Totally in awe, Buckinghamshire

It's a gift!

You can't hide inspiration ...

er - no, please, nononono - I submit to anything, I apologise, I confess, I was wrong, I'm sorry, anything but that ... even an hour would be far too great a punishment ...
Mary

Mary Fisher wrote:

And for that we can be grateful, or we woulkd have cupboards full of unused sinks, in various styles and colors, some with heels, some with pointed toes, some with suede finish...and so on :-)

Er - who do you think designs fashion shoes?
:-)
My shoe collection (apart from Spouse-made Roman, Viking, C15th and Georgian) comprises white wellies, black sheepskin knee high boots and sandals. Nothing else fits ...
Mary

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:34:09 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

So you don't see yourself as Yorkshire's answer to Emelda Marcos, then Mary?? ;-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl