SWMBO's car fridge melts its connector...

No, we're talking about a building wiring, with an electrician being onsite to supply some multiway socket extensions:

If that made you think it was about car electrics, fair enough, but it doesn't sound that way to me.

As for car electrics, a fuse is a good idea IME, rather than an obsessive british preoccupation with them.

Reply to
Questions

Well you'll not find out if you trim uk.d-i-y off the posting line, cos that's where Geoff lives....

David (who loves to see the fur fly....)

Reply to
Lobster

Actually I have, but my experience comes more from avionics in that field

Oh right

Reply to
raden

I've got plenty of floor space... ;-)

Reply to
Fran

"Fran" wrote | snipped-for-privacy@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk said... | > complete re-wires are the best kind of sparky jobs IMO i like | > a job that i can really get stuck into. | > like i said - shame you live so far away :-( | I've got plenty of floor space... ;-)

To get an electrician these days you're going to have to offer home-made pies and cakes and the promise of other feminine favours :-) Floor space just isn't enough.

On the other hand, there are about 40,000 media studies students graduating this summer. Isn't education wonderful.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

[...]

There speaks a man who has never tried to eat anything I've cooked :-)

Reply to
Fran

And they'll all be making TV progs as producers. Knowing all there is to know about the technicalities having shot their project prog on DVcam and edited it on a PC. Bitter and twisted me? Never.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote | Owain wrote: | > On the other hand, there are about 40,000 media studies students | > graduating this summer. Isn't education wonderful. | And they'll all be making TV progs as producers.

Oh good, some new programmes instead of endless variations on a theme ...

| Knowing all there is to know about the technicalities having shot | their project prog on DVcam and edited it on a PC.

Well, that's all there is to the technicalities on a lot of programmes, and explains the fad for hand-held wobbly camerawork. Not every channel achieves the high production quality of QVC[1]

| Bitter and twisted me? Never.

I was at university with the producer of Still Game. I think he taught me how to edit. On a Revox. With a razorblade.

Owain

[1] Who always manage to start their programmes on time, unlike the BBC. It's funny when you get a still of the product for three minutes on end, though, with rustling, when someone's mic falls off.
Reply to
Owain

No - they're already in charge. Hence all those cheap reality progs. They've not heard of having scripts written. It's sooooo old school...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You poor thing. Excellent though a Revox is as a domestic recorder, it's murder to edit on.

Studer was the pro side of Revox, and made machines for pro use - including easy editing.

Seems the move to using the wrong equipment started a long time ago...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)