Switchmaster VA1 CH Valve

In message , Heliotrope Smith writes

Well, let the OP answer that

"As you can see from my originally posted photo, the pipework had to be rearranged"

Reply to
geoff

IOW the head is on the side rather than the top of the valve? (If the Tee is standing up like the Angel of t'North)

Ah, the FAQ ... how quaint ;-) You mean this one?

I cribbed to make this:
but that's a spring-return 3-port valve. What I was wondering is whether Sunvic's MOMO 3-port valves:
be a drop-in replacement, electrically, for the switchmaster.

Unfortunately their compatability guide

like a scan of a page from a glossy) doesn't list the switchmaster, and I can't find any real data (like installation guides) on their poxy wibble.

Reply to
John Stumbles

It does. A bit of unrelated faffing about. The drain tap was stuck shut, took a while afterwards to clear air locks etc, but all OK now, and work completed exactly 24 hours after the problem was discovered.

Reply to
Mark Carver

I've never seen one of these valves in the flesh, and have no particular axe to grind - but from what I can see from the photos and glean from what has been written, the pipework would *only* need to be re-arranged if it were up against a wall or if other pipework would interfere with the new actuator - rather than in *every* case as a matter of course. For example, my mid-position valve sits just above the pump in fresh air, and it looks as if - plumbing-wise - a Switchmaster would slot straight in instead.

Reply to
Roger Mills

No, there is no directly compatible head that I've ever come across

Probably because it's been obsolete for some time now

Reply to
geoff

Measuring the removed Switchmaster, the length from end to end is

95mm. The distance from the centre line on the main axis, to the end of the third port in 45mm.

The Honeywell (now obviously in situ) seems to have the same dimensions.

Reply to
Mark Carver

Yes, I think maybe I was wrong and a bit over the top in my (general) response, as opposed to the specific one in response to the photo

Reply to
geoff

In message , Heliotrope Smith writes

So I prolly owe you a an apology ..

Reply to
geoff

Switchmaster,

Nice gesture.........

Thank you.

---- shakes hand----

Regards, HS.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

They still don't show anything - I emailed them about it in August last year:-

" Your web site page:-

They sent me a single sheet doc which included the wiring for a couple of the valves. I have converted it to pdf and (temporarily) placed it here if any use to you:-

Geo

I also scanned the wiring sheet which comes with the Sunvic valve:-

Geo

These are 2-port valves, innit? I hadn't come across this type that seem to sort-of emulate a spring-return valve.

Anybody got any data on the 3-port MOMO valves? (I suppose Sunvic have - maybe they'll let us into the secret if I phone them)

Reply to
John Stumbles