Switched spurs on a lighting circuit, is it allowed?

My kitchen lighting is at the end of the downstairs radial lighting circuit and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this allowed in the current regs?

P.S. does anyone know how to post to more than one group at the same time with this new-fangled groups system?

Reply to
clangers_snout

Yes. Lighting radials can branch anywhere you like, and change wiring style mid circuit as well if you want.

Yup, get this:

Install, and configure thus:

;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Great stuff. Thanks John.

Reply to
clangers_snout

and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this allowed in the current regs?

sure is

this new-fangled groups system?

No. I hate tbird.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

and what I want to do is take the lighting mains into a three gang switch and run three switched feeds (spurs) out to three lights. Is this allowed in the current regs?

with this new-fangled groups system?

Don't follow - have I completely missed something about Thunderbird and a groups system?

Reply to
polygonum

On Tuesday 04 June 2013 21:38 clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Yes - get a proper NNTP feed and client:

Tim Watts

I suggested (somewhat tongue in cheek) that a way of being able to cross post, was to install thunderbird and use a news server rather than titting about posting using a search engine!

Reply to
John Rumm

with this new-fangled groups system?

not afaik. I just hate tbird.