Switch arrangement for shower pump

The pump in question is a Mira PPT3 - (now replaced in the current Mira range by the rather similar Enduro). It is a single motor dual impeller - ie pumps both H & C in tandem & autostarts on water flow detection.. It is being installed next to the DHW tank in a cupboard on the floor above [& outside the shower room] as per the Mira installation instruction manual.

Mira installation instructions do not indicate the preferred location for the supply (2 pole) switch.

Should the switch be near the pump? Or should the pump be operated by a pull cord switch in the shower room?

Is it normal to switch shower pumps on each time they are used, or are they normally left on?

TIA

Reply to
long ironer

The switch is only needed for isolation and not functional switching (it does that itself on water flow detection). So the ideal solution is to use a switched fused connection unit where you wire it to the supply.

Normally left on.

Reply to
John Rumm

...except when my 5 year old nephew's around (the switch is outside the bathroom at a height very convenient for a 5 year old and last time he was here I had a very low pressure shower the next morning!)

Reply to
David Neale