Sweeping through the stove

I thought I'd have a stove pipe with a sweeping door. Then I thought they looked ugly and if I was sure I could do it though the stove then it was also be cleaner (for the room) if I did it from above. The stove will be connected via the top hole rather than the rear one. Is this a good method? How do you sweep yours? Is a sweeping door useful?

Reply to
VisionSet